- I need to start doing something creative again- whether that’s writing fiction, painting, drawing, or making music. Even just once a week.
- My most recent ex (I mean, like my ex from five years ago) is engaged. I remember when he called me right after I got engaged. Seems like forever ago.
- I have a nasty cold on the first Monday in the past three weeks that is NOT a snow day. Since my Monday classes haven’t met for the past two weeks, I feel absolutely obligated to go. But yuck. I should take some Dayquil.
- It hit me this morning that this is my last semester (for a while, anyway,,#PhDsomeday) with a full course load. I’m going to be student teaching for a year starting in September, and while doing that, I’ll take my last class and do some kind of research for credit.
- I have a lot of relationship stuff on my mind- family and friends. It’s not all very positive. I’m not sure what to do with all of these feelings. I should probably write about them some more, sometime. But all at once, I’m worried, sad, and feeling kind of neglected.
- If we get significant snow accumulation tonight/tomorrow, I’m just going to hop on a plane and head down south. For real.
- I should take a nap. I have plenty of time. But that never goes well for me … a 30 minute nap always turns into a 2 hour nap. Instead I’ll probably go to the gym.
- I’ve been keeping a food/health journal of sorts for the past two weeks, and it’s really working well for me. I’ll maybe do a more in-depth post about it sometime.
That’s about it. Really feeling that nap right now.
This is the most snow I’ve ever seen, and I’ve lived in the northeast my entire life! I’m not entirely sure how many inches we got in my town, but if I had to guess I’d say somewhere between 22-25″. No school and no work today, and not going into work tomorrow until 11:00 (very grateful for that). I spent today doing homework, cooking (I made soup and no bake cookies), cleaning, watching Netflix, and just relaxing. I guess that’s pretty much all I have to say for right now. Also, my first semester of grad school is off to a great start. I love all of my professors so far, and the workload is…underwhelming, to be honest. Maybe it’s just because I’m not interning in a classroom right now.
Last week, I had to attend two orientation breakfasts at the schools I may be interning at in the fall. I’ve already scheduled several observation visits with teachers I am potentially interested in working with. It’s kind of a stressful process, but also a really exciting one. I observed a fourth grade teacher yesterday, and although I hope to end up in a kindergarten or first grade placement, I’m going to visit her classroom again. On Thursday, I’m observing a kindergarten teacher and then another fourth grade teacher.
So all in all life is pretty good right now. We helped one of our best friends buy a car over the weekend, which felt very satisfying (even though we weren’t the ones with a shiny new car). I’ve been much more committed to exercising and my body is very happy about that…although today, my exercise consisted of snow shoveling for an hour. If all goes according to plan, I’ll be attending my first Zumba class in a very long time this weekend. 🙂
If you are/were in the path of winter storm Juno, I hope you and yours are safe and warm!